SUB: COMPUTER FOR CLASS X
This paper is divided into two sections. You are to answer all the questions from Part I, and any four from Part II.
SECTION A (40 Marks)
Attempt all questions from this Section
- What is the difference between abstraction and polymorphism? 
- What is the difference between unary and binary operator? 
- Explain function overloading with an example. 
- What will be the output of the following code? 
- What is keyword? Give two example. 
Question 2. [5*2=10]
- Define the term bytecode.
- What do you mean by type conversion? How is implicit conversion different from
- What do you understand by JVM?
- What do you understand by primitive and non-primitive data type?
- Convert the following segment into equivalent for loop public void display()
while ( i !=0)
System.out.print(i +” “);
Question 3. [5*2=10]
- Give two differences between switch statement and if-else statement.
- What is an infinite loop? Write an infinite loop statement.
- If the value of a = 3, what does the expression below evaluate to,
a + = a + + + + + a + a;
- Rewrite the following program segment using the if-else statements.
String grade = (mark>=90) ? “A” : (mark>=80) ? “B” : “C”;
- 5. State one difference between floating point literals float and double.
Question 4. [5*2=10]
- Write a java expression for the following.
- What are the final values stored in x and y below?
double a= -2.15;
double b= 29.87;
- Give one example each of a primitive data type and a composite data type.
- What is the use of default in a switch?
- Explain the term object with example?
SECTION B (60 Marks)
Attempt any four questions from this Section.
The answer in the Section should consist of the Program in BlueJ environment with Java. Each program should be written using Variable descriptions/Mnemonic Codes such that the logic of the program is clearly depicted. Flow-Charts and Algorithms are not required.
Question 5 
Write a program to generate the following pattern.
1 2 3
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4 5
Question 6 
Write a class in java to enter any number and print if it is a perfect number.[Hint: a number is said to be perfect if it is equal to sum of all its factors ex, 6=1+2+3, hence 6 is perfect number]
- Using switch case create class which take month number 1-12 and prints the corresponding month in words [3- March, 12-December] 
- b. Write a class to input a number and print if it is a prime number or not. 
Question 8. 
Question 9. 
Create overloaded methods named void calc_Area ( ), that has been overloaded to perform the following functions
- Area of circle
- Area of Rectangle
Write a menu driven program in Java to display the above 2 menus and execute the overloaded methods and display the Area in the respective functions,
calc_Area (double) for Circle,
calc_Area (double, double) for Rectangle
[Area of circle=πr2, Area of rectangle=width * height]
Question 10. 
Define a class named movieMagic with the following description: Instance variables/Data members
int year – to store the year of release of a movie
String title – to store the title of the movie float rating – to store the popularity of a movie
(minimum rating = 0.0 and maximum rating = 5.0)
- i) void accept() To input and store year, title and rating.
- ii) void display() To display the title of a movie, the year of release and a message based on the rating as per the table below:
Rating Message to be displayed
0.0 to 2.0 Flop
2.1 to 3.4 Semi-hit
3.5 to 4.5 Hit
4.5 to 5.0 Super hit
Write a main method to create an object of the class and call the above member methods.