Sample paper for ICSE computer students.
Section A (40 marks)
A. Answer the following questions. (Attempt any 10) [10X2=20]
1. Write the syntax of the Ternary operator.
2. What will be the output of the following code?
3. State the output.
4. What is the difference between ‘=’ and ‘==’?
5. List all types of operators, with 2 examples each
6. What is an identifier, give its rules of naming.
7. What are the comments?
8. What is multi-user & multitasking operating system? give examples
9. What is the internet? Give its 4 uses
10. In what way you can say a class is the creator of similar objects?
11. Explain how is JAVA compilation different from the ordinary compilation?
12. Convert the following to the java expression.
13. What is malware, explain anyone?
14. What will be the value of x if
x+=x++ – –x + 6;
15. Categorize the following into class & object
- A car
- Nokia Lumia E series
- A cello pen
- A book
B. Long questions and answers(Attempt any four ) [4X5=20]
1. Expand these
2. Explain any two OOP principals
3. Explain the use of the following
4. Explain what is JVM , what is byte code & source code?
5. Explain all the tokens in detail, with 2 examples each?
6. Explain conditional control statements and looping control statements in detail with their use supported with Syntax.
7. Explain the following
- What is spam?
- Who are hackers?
8. Write the output of the following
Section B (60 marks)
C. Write JAVA Programs with Dry run and output of the program when necessary (Attempt any six) [6X10= 60]
- Write a program to display the following pattern. 
4 5 6
7 8 9 10
2. Write a program to display the following pattern. 
3. Write a program to accept a number from the user and print whether it is a perfect number or not. (A perfect number is a number whose sum of factors excluding the number is equal to the number)
4. Write a program to accept a number and reverse it.
5. Write a program to print the following series.
1, 8, 27, 64, 100
5 10 15 20 25 …..n
6. Write a program to print the Fibonacci series for the first 10 numbers.
7. Write a program to accept 4 values, find and print the LCM of the numbers
8. Write a program to display the even and odd numbers between 1 to 100 and print their sum also.
9. Write a program to enter any limit & print the sum of the following series
10. Write a program to accept a number from the user and print whether it is an Armstrong number or not. (An Armstrong number is a number whose sum of the cube of the digits is equal to the number)
11. Write a program to ask the user to enter basic salary of employees & calculate net pay.
Net pay= basic salary – income tax
Income tax is calculated based on the following
Basic salary <20000–🡪 income tax 5% of basic salary
Basic salary >20000–🡪 income tax 10% of basic salary